Design Your Own Custom Coiled Mechanical Keyboard Cables!
How to customize your ultimate Coiled Keyboard USB Cables:
- First, choose your colour for the inner material. This is your base colour and will serve as the basis of what colour scheme you are trying to match.
- Second, choose your double sleeving. This material goes on top of the base colour and will help to add aesthetics, strength and create the ultimate coiled cable. You can mix and match your base and secondary colours to create some awesome colour combinations. Feel free to get inspired by checking our gallery on Instagram and consider following for more!
- Third, choose a connector casing colour (aka heatshrink). This is the piece of strong plastic that slips on top of the metal connectors. They provide aesthetics allowing you to customise the colours and also covers the casing to create smoother curves. If you prefer seeing what the connector looks like you can use opt for clear casings! Feel free to hover over the Dual Colour options that match common keyboard keycap sets or releases.
- Fourth, choose your connector for the device side of the cable. This coiled cable comes with a Male USB A connector on one side of the cable. All you have to choose is the device connector you will be attaching this too! You may be connecting this to a keyboard, if so most common connectors are: Type C and Mini B, with Micro B being less common. Hover over the connector choices to see which one matches your device.
- Please note our Type-C connectors are made for USB 2.0 specifications (and include the 56K resistor for the safety of your device). We are hoping to venture into USB 3.0 – 3.1 in the future.
- The length of the cable is pre-set at 1.5m in total with a 20cm coil inclusive. The coil can stretch to 30cm and return into it’s normal shape without issue. A 1.5m cable is a great length for most setups to reach between a USB port on a computer or a hub located near the device.
- Our cables are reverse coiled. This means that they will snap back into their shape and maintain their shape. We have made tutorials and other documentation to teach you how to maintain the coil on your cable to last for a long time!
- Our coils have a unique snap/flexibility which makes it easier for you to move your device around.
Are you not sure if you want a coiled cables for your purpose or setup? If so check out our straight USB cable customiser.
- Length: 1.5m
- Cable Coil: ~20CM reversed coil (snappy/expandable to approx ~30CM) with 10CM of length from coil to connector/device. The connector is 90 degrees from the coil.
- Sleeving and Inner Materials: Double sleeved for quality, durability and aesthetics with a paracord inner layer and Techflex durable sleeving outer layer.
- Connector Qualities: Durable gold plating on the connector and internal pins
- Made in Australia by hand.
We want you to get connected as soon as possible!
We will get you connected to the technology you love that allows you to be creative, learn, live, and enjoy what you have.
We happen to make these custom and bespoke USB cables which allow you to get connected to your beloved mechanical keyboard or any other device you use!
Want to buy a cable but sold out everywhere?:
That’s ok! At JUJU you have the option of joining our paid waiting list. It’s a great way to ensure you get the JUJU experience and be at ease knowing you will get it once it’s your turn!
Simply process your order if you see it is out of stock or in ‘backorder’. If you see ‘backorder’ it means that you are in the waiting list.
Current Waiting Time (not to be confused with processing time): None! – – (Slots fill up quick at JUJU, be quick!)
* Please note that once you join the paid waiting list we cut, prepare and then hold stock for your order so that once it is made it is sent out as soon as possible for you. It cannot be easily restocked. JUJU appreciates that you remain patient if you are on the waiting list.
Why JUJUCables and Why Our Coils are Better?:
- These cables are hand made in Australia!
- Our coiled cables are completely reversed using our unique coiling method which allows you to be flexible with the placement of your device on the desk. It’s not only for aesthetics, but it definitely looks great on the desk! Coiled cables are great way to avoid being tangled with cables, and we don’t want you to either!
- Our coiled cables do retract and will maintain shape! If you are not satisfied with your coiled cable we will work with you to ensure you get the right cable for your setup!
- You don’t want to buy a cable that is not manufactured properly electrically. It may look nice on the outside but you don’t know how it was built from the inside. This leads to broken devices because cables are manufactured poorly. At JUJU we want you and your devices to have the best connection possible, so we ensure that cables are protected internally and manufactured consistently.
- Our cables are made from high quality metal parts and are gold plated where possible.
Why only one price? Why not more options?:
At JUJU we want to make tech simpler. You select how you want to connect to your tech, we will make it yours by building it and getting you connected!
Shipping your Cable:
This is a hand-made product and is not mass produced. We believe in quality and I am sure you do too. Your order may take between 3-4 weeks processing time to make and ship the cable. Shipping time depends on location. We only offer tracked shipping for our cables.
To track your order or see approximate shipping times please check our shipping page.
Ultimate Support and Service:
Have a problem with your cable? No worries! We will look after you and make sure you are satisfied with your cable!
However, we will not replace cables that have been abused or damaged such as by: over-stretching the coil, forcefully twisting or breaking a connector, or any other obvious abuse.
Please do not forcefully over-stretch your coil like it is a slinky toy.
If you have any issues with your cable please let us know (by clicking here) and we will look after you!
Confused or Unsure About Getting A Coiled Cable?:
Please do not be afraid to message or contact us!