This is the perfect soldering iron for hobbyists. I have had my FX888D for four years now under constant abuse and use. It still holds up like a CHAMP! If you look after your tips well by leaving a small blob of solder on the tips after use, they will last for years!
Hakko is a big name brand. I am happy to recommend this to anyone but I do warn to be careful of Hakko fakes. Please do your own research as well!
- Temperature range 120 – 899F (50C – 480C) . Digital display shows F or C .
- Maintains idle temperature within 1.8F (1C) when set to 400 – 899F (200 – 480C) . Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery.
- Password protected temperature setting. Pre-set mode allows you to store up to five (5) pre-set temperatures.
- Slender, lightweight ergonomic iron handles. Compact design takes up less bench space.
- Wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications. Use with Hakko T18 series tips. ESD Safe.